When it comes to traveling with an infant, there are a lot of things to consider. One of the most important things is obtaining a passport for your little one. However, getting an infant passport photo can be a bit tricky, and it’s not uncommon for the photos to be rejected. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the reasons why infant passport photos are often rejected and what you can do to avoid this situation.
Why are Infant Passport Photos Rejected?
There are several reasons why infant passport photos are often rejected. Here are some of the most common ones:
1. Poor Quality Photo: If the photo is blurry, grainy, or too dark, it will likely be rejected. The photo must be clear and in focus.
2. Incorrect Size: The photo must be 2 x 2 inches in size. If the photo is too small or too large, it will be rejected.
3. Incorrect Background: The background must be white or off-white. If there are any shadows or colors in the background, the photo will be rejected.
4. Incorrect Expression: The baby must have a neutral expression, with their mouth closed. If the baby is smiling, frowning, or has their mouth open, the photo will be rejected.
5. Incorrect Positioning: The baby must be facing directly at the camera, with their head centered in the photo. If the baby is looking off to the side or their head is tilted, the photo will be rejected.
How to Avoid Infant Passport Photo Rejection?
To avoid infant passport photo rejection, follow these tips:
1. Use a high-quality camera: Use a good quality camera to take the photo, and make sure the lighting is good.
2. Follow the guidelines: Make sure you follow the guidelines for the size, background, and expression of the baby.
3. Take multiple photos: Take several photos of the baby to ensure you get a good one.
4. Get professional help: Consider getting professional help to take the photo, especially if you are not confident in your photography skills.
5. Double-check the photo: Before submitting the photo, double-check it to make sure it meets all the requirements.
Tips for Taking an Infant's Passport Photo That Meets Requirements
If you're planning to travel with your baby, one of the essential things you need to do is to get a passport for them. However, taking an infant's passport photo is not as straightforward as taking an adult's. Here are some tips to help you take a perfect passport photo for your baby.
Preparing the Background
To ensure that your baby's passport photo is not rejected, you need to have a plain background. You can lay your baby on a white sheet or use a car seat with a white sheet. Make sure that the background is evenly lit and there are no creases or wrinkles. If your baby needs support, you can use a rolled-up towel or a small pillow.
Choosing the Best Light
It's best to take your baby's passport photo during the day when your baby is well-rested and not hungry. Natural light is ideal, so pick a sunny day if possible. If you need additional light, use an overhead lamp. Avoid using flash as it can overexpose the picture or change your baby's expression.
Positioning the Camera
Position your camera parallel to your baby's head and leave enough space around them. It's best to use a camera with a fast shutter speed to avoid blurry photos. If your baby is moving or fussing, use the camera's live mode to take multiple shots.
Taking an infant's passport photo can be challenging, even with the right tricks. With Aipassportphoto, you can take a perfect passport photo at home without going to a professional photographer. Our app is available on iOS and Android and makes professional passport photography accessible to everyone.
All you need to do is follow our instructions and take a picture with your smartphone or digital camera. Our AI will do the rest, cropping the photo to the required size and setting the background to the appropriate color. Our app analyzes the photo to ensure that it follows all the official guidelines and can guarantee acceptance by the Department of State.
You can take as many photo shots as you need, and you only pay for the pictures you download. With Aipassportphoto, you'll have a passport picture ready in no time.