It is difficult to get a passport from the U.S Department of State approved. To get these passports, you must follow strict guidelines.
We'd love to have data about the number of passport applications that the U.S Department of State has rejected due to inaccuracies of photo or data.
Over half of a million rejected applications were received in 2019. These rejections can be due to insufficient personal data or incorrect passport photo.
Although personal data submitted by applicants can sometimes be subject to human error, there are some things that we can do in order to reduce rejections.
We will be highlighting some common mistakes people make when applying for passports and guiding you how to avoid them.
Common Passport Photo Errors
To ensure security, the U.S. Department of State strictly regulates passport photos, from photo size, clothing, background requirements, and instructions for attaching these photos to your passport application.
To accept a passport photo, make sure it is exactly 2 x 2 inches in size (both height and width). The person's face should have a closed smile or neutral expression without any external objects, such as glasses or headphones.
These are only a few of the most important passport photo requirements that we have previously discussed.
For those who want to create a passport photo manually, we highly recommend reading this article to create the perfect passport photo and avoid passport rejection.
Other errors may occur when attaching photos and sending applications, which will be discussed below in this article.
How do you create the perfect passport picture?
It is easy to create the perfect passport photo with the technology available today.
With the help of advanced technologies, AiPassportPhoto has created a new AI that can recognize your face and create perfect passport photos in seconds.
These are the steps to make your passport photos easy.
- Visit aipassportphoto.com and select the country & document type then select the AI feature option.
- Upload the photo and wait for the AI to finish its job.
- An instant preview of the uploaded image with correct Background and facial biometrics will be displayed.
- Download the sample photo to cross-check your results.
- After you have paid, if you are satisfied with the results you can download them. These services are extremely affordable compared to other options on the market.
How do I attach a photo to my passport application?
We have created a passport photo that is perfect. Now we will show you how to attach it to your passport application.
According to guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of State, the best way to attach a photograph to a passport application is to use a stapler.
- Place the photo in the photo square of the passport application
- The photo must be in an upright position that matches all four corners of the square.
- Now, staple the photos vertically at all four corners.
If you have made your own passport photos and they do not meet the requirements, please do not send them. This may delay your application or even cause your application to be rejected. Therefore, it is recommended that you check the photos before attaching them to your application.
Where and how do I send my passport application?
- After attaching the photo, place the application form in a large durable envelope.
- If necessary, place a second passport photo inside the envelope and do not bend it in the application form.
- Send your passport application by mail or bring it to the nearest passport service centre for processing.
You can contact their information center at 1-877-487-27778 if you have any questions about the passport application .